Monday 16 March 2015

BSA 2015....

Usually BSA( Bhutanese Students Association) is held every year coinciding with the birth anniversary of His Majesty the Fifth King. But this year owing to some inconveniences, our BSA president had decided to do on March 15. So as decided we had BSA party yesterday at one of the nearby resorts.

That was my first time attending the party though I have been here for almost two years because I am not fond of parties and all such stuffs. Now you may wonder why I attended the party this time. So as to clear your doubt(s), I tell you that I attended the gathering not with the intentions of devouring three plates of food, drinking bottles of wine and staring at beautiful girls. Nothing like that. I have had merely one crucial reason for attending the party. That was to vote for my friend for the new BSA president.

 As I stepped inside the hall, I was greeted by the homely atmosphere and at least for a while I felt as though I was in our country Bhutan. Hearing the Bhutanese songs and musics, meeting with Bhutanese people, eating Bhutanese dishes and seeing a small and lovely alter, were the reasons I felt homely that time. Besides my only one purpose, gazing at girls added another purpose when I reached the venue.

The day was full of fun, joy and surprises because it was astonishing to know some of the students who we come across sometimes and thought them to be from other states are also the Bhutanese. On the contrary I even doubted that they might have come in disguise.  It could be or could not be true. I wasn't sure of it.However, it was nice meeting and seeing our Bhutanese people.

But the most elating  part of the day was our friend's victory in the president nomination. All our group friends were equally exhilarated when our friend was declared as a new BSA president. And we celebrated his victory then and there with energetic applause and squeak. Above all, the day was worth attending and my mission was accomplished. We came back with blazing smiles and satisfaction.

                                            Thank you....

1 comment: